Indian Luxury Trains: Suffused With Reminiscent, Heritage of Royalty
The best way to enjoy and explore the Indian coastal towns, cities, villages and regional areas in comfort way, is only by traveling through available luxury trains in India. Indian railway has the most unforgettable and striking rail journeys along with the 4th largest railway network in the world.
Indian railway also run a number of luxury trains which will make your trip amazing in India. These luxurious trains are named as Palace on Wheels, The Indian Maharaja Express, Deccan odyssey, and Splendor of South etc.Among all those trains some of the most popular luxurious trains are-
Palace on wheel
The India’s first super luxury train “Palace On Wheels” was started on January 26, India’s Republic Day, in 1982. Palace On Wheels is the world’s 4th best and the best luxury train.
- Palace on Wheels: 8 Days To 13 Days
- Destinations Covered: Delhi-Jaipur- Udaipur- Swai Madhopur- Chittorgarh- Jaisalmer- Jodhpur- Bharatpur- Agra-Delhi.
The Maharajas Express
The Maharajas Express is a joint venture of IRCTC and travel agency Cox and Kings India, first commercial run was on January 9th, 2010. The Royal Sojourn offer royal experience to explore illuminating destinations in India with a new 8-day/7-night journey from Mumbai to Delhi.
- Destinations Covered: Mumbai – Vadodara – Udaipur – Jodhpur – Bikaner – Jaipur – Ranthambore – Agra – Delhi
Royal India: 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Destinations Covered: Delhi – Agra – Ranthambore – Jaipur – Bikaner – Jodhpur – Udaipur – Vadodara – Mumbai
Classical India: 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Destinations Covered: Delhi – Agra – Gwalior – Khajuraho – Bandhavgarh – Varanasi – Lucknow – Delhi
Royal Sojourn: 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Destinations Covered: Delhi – Jaipur – Kota – Ranthambore – Agra – Delhi
The Golden Chariot
A luxury tourist train started by the KSTDC to connect most popular tourist spots in the state of Karnataka and Goa. The royal itinerary has 19 coaches colored purple and gold with two restaurants, a lounge bar, conference room, gym and spa facilities.
- Pride of the South: 7 Nights / 8 Days
- Destinations Covered: Bangalore – Mysore – Hampi – Belur – Kabini – Badami – Goa – Bangalore
Royal Rajasthan on Wheels
The Royal Rajasthan on Wheels is luxury tourist train running by RTDC. Royal Rajasthan luxury train launched its royal journey from January 2009 and take you to the heritage destinations of Rajasthan and Agra. The royal carriage of Rajasthan is equipped with facilities like super deluxe rooms, Restaurants, bar, board room, fitness center, spa, salons and enabled Wi-Fi.
- Royal Rajasthan: 8 Days/ 7 Nights
- Destinations Covered: New Delhi- Jodhpur- Udaipur- Chittorgarh- Sawai Madhopur- Jaipur- Khajuraho- Varanasi- Agra- New Delhi.
The Deccan Odyssey
The Deccan Odyssey is a special luxury train run by venture of Maharashtra MTDC and Indian railway. Deccan Odyssey runs from Mumbai to New Delhi is considered as the best luxury trains in the world. Enjoy once in a lifetime experience of heritage sites of Maharashtra and beautiful beaches in Goa on the magnificent Deccan Odyssey.
- Silver to Platinum Class: 7 Nights/8 Days
- Destination Covered: Mumbai-Ajanta & Ellora Caves-Udaipur Lake City-Ranthambhore Tiger Reserve-Pink city of Jaipur – Taj Mahal at Agra -Delhi
- You could actually see the ‘real India’ as these trains cross amazing natural landscapes and countryside
- These trains will give you a lifetime experience of true Indian royalty. They stimulate a connection with the cultural history and pleasure of a past age of the kings and emperors of India
- Avoid long drives and get more comfort using travel on wheels option for traveling in India.
- You sleep in ease in your cottage, service personnel is at your service 24 / 7, cuisine is provided in successfully hired cuisine vehicles and there are bar and lounges where you could rest and socialize
- Sightseeing, cuisine, porter, guide, and transport during the entire length of journey is protected in the cost that means you do not need to take tension of anything related to your trip regarding money or anything else.
How to combine a land journey with a train journey to make the most of India visit?
For first-time visitors, it’s best to combine a land journey with a train journey to make the most of India visit. You can combine North India Train journey with South India land/domestic flight extension or West, middle and south India Train journey with North India and East India land/domestic flight extensions.
While traveling through North India you can visit different cities, from plains to deserts, and from crop-fields of Punjab to snow-capped mountains. You can also explore Delhi which is the capital city of the country where you can find different Mughal structures like Red Fort, Delhi Gate, Qutub Minar, Jama Masjid and many gardens.
Do a lot of research about various travels agents. Always prefer certified agencies who provide such tours so that you won’t fall into any trap. Sherpa Tour Australia is a well-known travel and tour service provider specialised in tailor-made experience to any possible extend.
Get Latest Update via Email
Signup today for free and be the first to get notified on new update
Receive a FREE eBook
Langtang TrekFrom AU$12000 AU$ 30000
Fullfull Your dream at the Cheapest costView Details
- By region
- By Topic
- CULTURAL & HERITAGE
- CYCLING TOUR
- TREKKING IN ANNAPURNA REGION